So it’s been a little while since my last blogpost but only for the reason that I’ve been enjoying sharing my foodie goodness over on my Instagram @mytastysoul instead recently. However that’s all about to change as I have a super easy, super tasty recipe for those who wish to treat themselves to some deliciousness!
It’s a huge 1 person serve (or 2 people, depending on how willing you are to share!) so it’s really cheap to make. I know when you read things like ‘maca powder’ you’re probably thinking posh & expensive, but I bought mine from Aldi for 3 euro over 6 months ago and it’s still going strong! As for the dates, medjool are the pricey ones however you only need 2 for the recipe so you’re still looking at a suuuuuper cheap recipe!
This healthy caramel is super addictive and just what the health conscious foodie needs in their lives to satisfy their sweet tooth while getting a handful of vitamins, minerals and OVERALL TASTY GOODNESS! It takes 5 minutes, so please try it and tell me what you think! Also, please play with the ratios according to your taste! Sometimes I use more/less of certain things, but this is a general guideline 🙂
Serve it with pancakes, in your porridge, on your mother in laws forehead, etc etc.
- 2 medjool dates
- 100ml dairy free milk (I used koko coconut)
- 1 ½ tablespoon cashew butter*
- ½ tablespoon maca powder
- pinch of sea salt** (this makes 5 ingredients but hey YA DON’T NEED IT BUT YA REALLY DO SO USE IT)
*You can sub the cashew butter for another kind if you like, but I would recommend trying this one! **You can use himalayan pink salt, either. Just no sodium – yuck!
- Blend all the badboys in a nutribullet, or just whisk to your hearts content. Add the sea salt slowly and to your taste. I add a good pinch!
Technically, you could eat it as is, but honestly the flavours are gonna amplify if you keep on going!
2. Put on a little pan on the stove for 2 minutes, until it starts to thicken and MY GOD JUST TASTE IT ALREADY AND ENJOY!
As per usual if you’ve tried any of my recipes, please tag @mytastysoul on Instagram 🙂