Well, the name pretty much says it all. I always add a little sumtn-sumtn to my salads to kick them up a notch, so I made broccoli rice & toasted walnuts for an added oomph. Still though, this super simple Spring-time salad is so easy that it only takes 5 minutes to throw together, but tastes extremely fresh and fancy!
The texture combination of the juicy beetroot, the creamy goats cheese & the crunchy broccoli rice is a WINNER to say the least! That’s not even talking flavour. I love sweet & savoury combinations so the honey drizzled over the goats cheese really made this what it is – DELICIOUS INDULGENT LUNCHTIME SUPREMACY… no exaggeration.
Let’s not forget all of the other beautiful little bits I added along the way… smoked salmon, rocket leaves, fresh parsley, spring onion and last but not least, walnuts make this a super easy yet indulgent salad that if you’re like me, will be writing a fucking blogpost about.
Recipe below! Enjoy!
- 1 beetroot (62.5g), pre-cooked and sliced
- 20g soft goats cheese (I used the aldi brand)
- 3g honey
- 100g broccoli
- 80g smoked salmon
- 1 spring onion
- 10g walnuts
- small bunch fresh parsley
- handful fresh rocket leaves
- sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- Cut the broccoli into florets before blitzing in the food processor until a ‘rice’ shape has formed. Feel free to add garlic granules, salt, pepper, turmeric, etc.
- Put the walnuts in a toaster friendly bag and toast for 2/3 minutes.
- Transfer the broccoli into the salad bowl and begin adding other elements; Rocket leaves, smoked salmon, fresh parsley & spring onion, sliced beetroot, crumbled goats cheese, drizzled honey, salt & pepper and toasted walnuts.
- Enjoy! NO I REALLY MEAN IT
- Protein 23.6g
- Carbs 8.8g
- Fat 17.7g
*NOT including rocket leaves, broccoli, spring onion/parsley
BUT THEY’RE ALL GOOD BABY BABY